NASTD (National Association of Solo & Team Divers) is an elite diver training agency founded by cave divers in 2021 with the goal of producing world-class technical and cave divers through intense, yet enjoyable, training methods designed to make the training experience more educational, comfortable, and safer for both students and instructors. The training follows a "complete course concept."
NASTD Anti-Silt Skills for Technical & Overhead Diving
- Trim, buoyancy, and propulsion skills.
- Ascent and decompression skills.
- Double tanks and/or sidemount.
- Underwater lighting.
- Teamwork, timing, and communication.
- Reels, spools, and guidelines.
NASTD Technical Diver 1: Accelerated Decompression for the Nitrox Diver
- Decompression procedures with a single deco bottle.
- Decompression gases from 50% - 100% oxygen.
- Planning and conducting dives to 40 meters/130 feet.
NASTD Technical Diver 2: Hyperoxic, Normoxic, and Hypoxic Trimix Diving
- Decompression Procedures with multiple stages and decompression bottles.
- Helium mixtures from 30/30 to 12/60 with helium, nitrox, and 100% oxygen decompression.
- Planning and conducting dives to 100 meters/330 feet.
NASTD Technical Diver 3: Shipwreck Explorer
- Diver propulsion vehicles for open water technical diving.
- Advanced shipwreck penetration.
- Solo/self-sufficient skills.
- Shipwreck survey.
NASTD Cave Diver 1: Full Cave Diver
- Jumps, gaps, circuits, traverses, siphons, etc.
NASTD Cave Diver 2: Extended Range Cave Diving
NASTD Cave Diver 3: Cave Explorer
- Multiple Stage/Multiple DPV
- Solo/Self-Sufficient Skills
NASTD Rebreather Diver 1: Basic SCR/CCR
NASTD Rebreather Diver 2: Technical SCR/CCR
NASTD Rebreather Diver 3: Cave SCR/CCR
NASTD Instructor Qualification Courses
My first instructors, Doris and Frank Murphy, presidents of PDIC.
Cave & Technical Equipment video